Monday, June 4, 2007

Thinking Women - Remember to "Write"...

Remember to “Write”.

Self-expression is one of the last true forms of art. Music (e.g. to listen, to dance, to sing) and literature become home of the deepest secret talents of the gifted muse of ideas, thought and feelings. Therefore, I remember to jot it down.
As I write out my thoughts, it allows me to be authentic. My goal becomes to not be afraid of what I am actually thinking out-loud and pondering over. If I do not “chicken-out,” the art of writing gives birth to whom I really am—a self-challenge if you will.
I compare writing to a gardener tending to his garden. At first the potential green-thumbed competitor seeks out its plot in the earth and speculates and envisions what variety of plant-life he perceives to uproot in weeks to follow. He attentively hones in on his collection of memories: colors, smells and textures, of perhaps childhood archives of happy times. And, he may briefly anticipate and even wonder what impact this floral gallery may spark from a distant admirer. Or perhaps the gardener’s motive is simply his own selfish indulgence of experiencing the miracle of sowing and reaping. Comparing the gardener and the writer, perhaps it is the wonderful feeling of simply getting your hands in the soil and experiencing the delight of getting dirty in your own space.
So, I have to remember to write, and dance and sing and plant and grow and play and even at times, show-off a bit of what God has given and even what he died for. He died so that I could live.

No comments: